Sprayable Silky Perfume Base - Cyclomethicone
Crystal Clear. Use full strength. Add 1-2% Fragrance Oil. Best when resold as 1/4 - 1/2 ounce finished product. One squirt of your mixture will be the equivalent of high end full strength parfume oils.
Cyclomethicone is used to blend with fragrance oils and perfume oils for after bath body mists. This product will produce a luxurious body spray that feels dry. Cyclomethicone is used in a wide variety of cosmetic applications such as antiperspirants, deodorants, lotions, creams, hair sprays, bath oils, makeup and nail polish.
For making clear sprays, pour cyclomethicone in bottle and add fragrance oil. Use in ratios of fragrance oil to Cyclomethicone from 1:3, to 1:6, or greater.
Can safely be used in PET or HDPE plastic bottles. PVC is not recommended. Cyclomethicone blended with fragrance oils are bottled in PET containers with a fine mist sprayer. Do not use PVC as the fragrance oil will tend to breakdown and degrade the PVC. Small bottles with fine mist sprayers are recommended (this product goes a long way and a small bottle will last awhile!).
- Cyclomethicone is a clear, odorless silicone. It leaves a silky-smooth feel when sprayed on the skin. Ideal for body sprays, lotions creams, bath salts, hair care, linen sprays etc
- Cyclomethicone stays completely blended and crystal clear without shaking.
- Lotions: 1-20% to provide a soft velvety feel.
- Bath Salts: Use instead of glycerin to add sheen to your bath salts and a silky feel to the bath water.
- Hair Care: Spray on wet hair for easy combing or spray on hair to manage "frizz".
- After Bath Oil: Blend with your ultimate oil blend, add fragrance and you have a wonderful bath oil.
- Room Sprays, Linen Sprays & Dry Perfume Oil: No more wet linens!
- Dry Oil Body Spray/Perfume: Mix in FO or EO at any dilution depending on desired strength and recommended usage levels of FO or EO. Common dilution rates are 1 part FO/6 parts cyclo up to 1 part FO/3 parts cyclo.
- After Bath/Shower Body Oil: Mix in concentrations up to 50/50 with your favorite vegetable or botanical oil (I use soybean oil) and add FO or EO to desired strength. Spray on the skin after you shower while skin is still wet, then towel dry. Leaves your skin feeling so silky smooth yet not greasy at all! (Similar to Neutrogena Rain Bath Dry Oil Spray).
- Linen/Pillow Spray & Room Spray: Mix the same way you do for a body spray! Won’t leave linens wet and doesn’t stain! (test on white linen to make sure the FO doesn’t stain tho!)
- Hair: Use on hair as a detangler & defrizzing agent (spray on wet hair). Spray on dry hair as a shine serum! Or add to hair conditioners to impart more “slip” & detangling properties!
- Lotion: Add to lotions, creams, body butters and lotion bars to give a silky feeling (add up to 1% to pre-made lotion base, or 5% or more to lotion made from scratch).
- Bath Oils, Salts & Scrubs: Add to bath oils or scrubs for a silky less greasy feel. Use in place of glycerin in bath salts to impart a silky feel and give salts a nice sheen!
- Insect Repellent Spray: Just add your favorite blend of bug repellant EO’s such as Lemongrass, Eucalyptus, Peppermint, Citronella, Cedarwood, Catnip, Tea Tree, Lavender, etc. No nasty chemical smell like you get in commercial insect repellents!