Apply under armpits as needed. Discontinue use if irritation occurs. Always order a sample before buying.
Although a double boiler works well and is more controllable, you can microwave up to 1 pound on a medium-high setting. Use only microwave safe plastic as other types might break down or even melt. If your microwave does not have a turntable, watch that you do not heat one side for too long as the product will heat on one side with a chance you can melt the container. (even if it is microwave safe). Do not leave unattended or within reach of children!
If you want color, certain Pigments and Mica will work, although there can be a tendency for "dropout" or sediment settling to the bottom.
Before you Start
Pots or a double boiler, thermometer, ladle, rubber spatula for stirring, glass or plastic pitcher and a scale (optional), deodorant containers.
1) Find two pots where one will fit inside the other (about a 1/2 gallon or larger, plus a lid).
2) Fill the bottom pot with water till the inner pot starts to float
3) Place the Vegetable Deodorant into the pot and set your burner to medium.
4) Items will melt in 1/2 an hour, if you have a thermometer, check temperature. Heat to 45-50c / 110-120f. Do not boil!
5) Add your colors (if selected) and mix thoroughly. Pour a small amount into a clear container and wait for it to set for 20-30 minutes. You will notice the colors tend to lighten as the product goes slightly opaque. As the base product also has a slight yellow shade, it will affect tones.
6) This M&P Deodorant can be poured off exactly as-is, or you can add
.25% to 1.5% essential oil or fragrance. Pour into deodorant tubes. To
make this deodorant more effective, you can add essential oils with
antibacterial properties, such as Tea Tree, Cedarwood, or Cypress.
Strength will vary on the type of scent and your preferences.
7) Pour into your choice of containers.
If bubbles exist around the outside rim of the container, you can mist some rubbing or isopropyl alcohol while freshly poured. The bubbles will disappear and the alcohol burns off