Dipropylene glycol (DPG)
Synonyms: oxybispropanol; Dipropylene Glycol
Fragrance Grade ( Low Odor)
is a solvent, wetting agent and diluent for fragrances. Often used to dilute fragrances oils, also incense oils..DPG is commonly used in incense making or to cut fragrances to make them skin safe or suitable for potpourri or burners. It is a water-soluble, colorless, low-odor liquid with low volatility. Additionally, DPG is an excellent solvent for many organic materials.
DPG is used to tone down reactive agents found within chemicals, therefore producing a skin safe oil. Our DPG is panel selected to ensure low odor and superior quality.
Note This product is safe for skin contact, but poisonous if taken internally.
GENERAL INCENSE SCENTING INSTRUCTIONS
The instructions below are a general guideline and may vary depending on
equipment used and level of strength desired.
- For best results use our Manufacturers Grade Oil
- Completely submerge incense in oil
- Soak Incense for a minimum of 6 hours
- Best results achieved when soaked for a 24 hour period
- After scenting, allow Incense to dry approximately two to four days
- One pound of Fragrance Oil will scent between 500 and 800 Incense Sticks / Cones.
- Add 20-30% dpg to avoid soot.